Here is the wholecloth I wrote about yesterday. It is only 40×40 inches. A baby one . The fabric is white cotton sateen with 2 layers of bleached Hobbs 80/20. The only marking on it is the centre circle perimeter, a sketch of the vase, the feather spines and a rough outer circle line for the edge of the feathers. Otherwise, it is all freehand.
This quilt will be entered in the AMQA challenge. I need to get it washed and blocked, bound, labelled, have a sleeve on it and in the mail by next Tuesday. I started this on Monday, and got it all done apart from half the pebble fill. I had patchwork class at the LQS yesterday, so no more was done until today.
I could not go back to sleep this morning after I woke at 5:30 am, so I got up and finished off all the pebbling. I had it done and loaded my next customer quilt by 7am. It was good to get it done and out of the way so early. I think I would have procrastinated for the better part of the day if I had to do all of that later. Instead, I was ready to go after I got the kids off to school, helped with reading groups and got the groceries done. Maybe I should be better organised and load a quilt before bed, so I don’t have an excuse to procrastinate each morning. Hmmm.